While you can already use XSplit Broadcaster to connect to YouTube Live directly, you may optionally want to use Custom RTMP to connect instead.
This guide shows you how to obtain the Stream Key and Stream URL from YouTube Live as well as set up the Custom RTMP plugin on XSplit Broadcaster.
Obtaining the RTMP URL and Stream Name
1. Click on the Camera Icon “Create” on the top left corner of the YouTube Home Page and select Go Live.
2. The Stream Key and Stream URL will be shown immediately on the Stream Settings tab.
Setting up Custom RTMP
1. Click on Broadcast > Set up new output > Custom RTMP
2. Enter the Stream URL and Stream Key from YouTube into the RTMP URL and Stream Key field respectively.
3. The Name field is also required. This way, you can easily distinguish your output on the Broadcast menu list.
4. Click OK and you should now be able to access this as an output under Broadcast and start your stream directly.