While you can already use XSplit Broadcaster to connect to Facebook Live directly, you may optionally want to use Custom RTMP to connect instead.
This guide shows you how to obtain the Stream Name and Stream URL from Facebook Live as well as set up the Custom RTMP account on XSplit Broadcaster.
Obtaining the RTMP URL and Stream Name
1. On you browser, go to Facebook Live Producer.
2. Select Use Stream Key on Getting Started.
3. You'll be shown the information you will need to enter when setting up Custom RTMP.
The Stream URL will go to the RTMP URL field on XSplit Broadcaster. While the Stream Key will go to the Stream Name field. Please make sure that you keep your Stream Key private.
Setting up Custom RTMP
1. Click on Broadcast > Set up a new output > Custom RTMP.
2. Enter the RTMP URL and Stream Name you obtained above. The Name field is also required. You can type anything here.
3. Click OK after entering your details.
4. You will be able to select the Custom RTMP profile you created on the Broadcast menu to start streaming.
1. Once you've started streaming on XSplit Broadcaster, your Facebook Live window will show a preview.
2. Enter your post details as well as an optional Title and Description.
3. Once you have finalized all your post details, click Go Live.