Errors can occur when installing or removing an application from your PC. Using the Windows Installer Troubleshooter will:
Fix any corrupt registry of your Windows OS.
Fixing programs that prevent you to install new applications or updating installed applications.
Fixing programs that prevent you from uninstalling from your Control Panel’s ‘Add or Remove Programs.
Note: This should not affect any personal files, information, or other applications installed on your computer.
1. Download the Windows Installer Troubleshooter to this link and download the troubleshooter.
2. Run the troubleshooter application and click Next.
3. Select either Installing or Uninstalling depending on when the error occurs.
4. Select the application that you want to fix and click Next. For this tutorial, we will use XSplit Broadcaster.
5. Click Yes, try uninstall on the next prompt. Once done, the troubleshooter will try to fix the cause of the error.
6. Once the process is complete, this prompt should appear:
Note: After that, the application with the issue should now be uninstalled on your PC. You can try reinstalling the application again after that.